PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

So what's the dealing with ticking "opt in" boxes?

1. I love the plugin and mailchimp addon, but I can't yet find a straight answer on how to deal with opt in boxes. My end goal is this: I want EVERYONE who uses ANY gravity form on my site and enters their email address to be added to my mailchimp list. I've created a checkbox on all forms with a "do you want to join the mailing list?" option already ticked (meaning they'd have to untick it to opt out). I set an opt in condition that they have to have that checkbox ticked to be added.

Now, when I test the form, I get a notification from gravity forms that a new user has submitted the form, but I don't see their email address showing up in my mailchimp account.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, I look forward to your expertise :D

Thanks,

M

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 8, 2013 | Permalink
  2. It does not sound like you're doing anything wrong. Please send me an email at chris@rocketgenius.com and I will send you a logging add-on which may help pinpoint the problem. Please include a link to this topic in your email.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday April 9, 2013 | Permalink