PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Some required fields wont display validation message

1. Running WP 3.3.1 and GForms 1.6.2

I have a simple 4 field form, all 4 are required. All 4 fields have a validation message but only the middle 2 display the validation error message.

here is my form.

http://www.etinteractive.com/contact/

Thanks in advance,
    Tony

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Is it possible the placeholder text is fouling this up? Can you remove the placeholder text and see if it works?

Also, does it submit properly from the form preview?

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 6, 2012 | Permalink
  3. So it is the placeholder text for the 2 text inputs, but it doesnt cause the issue with phone or email. I'm assuming b/c the placeholder text doesnt meet hte validation requirments for email "using @" and phone "using 111-222-3333"

How could I put logic on those 2 fields so that they don't validate on submit without changing them from?

Thanks for the help!

Tony

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 6, 2012 | Permalink
  4. You can use the gform_validation hook to check the value, and if it's the default value, return an error. That code will go in your theme's functions.php file.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday January 10, 2012 | Permalink