PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Specific Notification in respect to Form Field

1. Einsteinno1

Hi, I was wondering if there is any possibility to change a Notification Email in respect to a form field.

This means for example if somebody has the option to choose a payment between

1. Paypal
    2. Bank
    3. Collection by customer

If he would choose Paypal in the Form, he would only get an Email with information about the Paypal Payment, and if he would choose Bank, he would only get information about the Bank Account.

Iam providing my customers right now with an Email Notification which shows all 3 options. Not such a big deal but it would be nicer to have such a feature.

And is there any future thoughts about HTML Email Notification, not sure if it is already allowed. Would be so nice to use a HTML Template for an Email Notification.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday June 26, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Right now, there's not built-in way to do the notifications the way you want. There's no conditional logic functionality for notifications yet. It's something that we plan on adding in the future, but if you wanted it now, you'd have to do some custom PHP to add it.

You can currently use HTML in the notification emails. There is one caveat at the moment, when formatting your HTML, you have to put it all on one continuous line because the plugin automatically adds a < p> tag with each line break.

The next release 1.3.13 (early next week) will have an option to turn off the auto-formatting in the notifications so you won't have to worry about that moving forward.

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday June 26, 2010 | Permalink
  3. I would love to see conditional logic for notifications. Could you point me in a direction as where to start if I'd want to implement this myself?

Thanks in advance.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday July 2, 2010 | Permalink
  4. @TiborP I will have to double check to see that an API hook exists on the user notification email body field. If it does you can use an API hook to dynamically change this message based on a form selection via some custom PHP. If it does not we will look into adding a new hook to be able to do this in the next release which we are wrapping up now.

5. @Carl: Cool! I think this functionality make GF a lot more useful (not at all that it's not useful now btw..)

Thx for the quick response!

Off topic: will the next release also support custom post types for post forms?