PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

SSL Certificate, Database and User Notification

1. Hello!
    I haven't quite found the answers I'm looking for in the search, so hoping someone can help me with the following:

1. If the site has an SSL certificate, would the information stored in the WP database also be secured?
    2. If a user notification is set up where the person filling out and submitting the form receives a copy of the information they filled out, is the email they receive secure?

If not, what measures can I take to make sure the above are secure? Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 19, 2012 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

No, SSL only means that no one can intercept data because it is encrypted. Once it is gets to the DB, it will be stored as plain text, unless you otherwise encrypt or protect your DB. I am no expert in encryption, but people have been using things like mcrypt in PHP and our hooks:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Gform_save_field_value

The e-mail they receive is plain text as well, unless you secure this e-mail in some way. I don't know of any way to secure an e-mail notification though.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday July 19, 2012 | Permalink