PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Style Generator Addon?

1. Tim

Hey there..

I have been digging into Gravity Forms now quite a bit...

I really think its a fantastic plugin and also great supported! The only thing that is bugging me a bit is that for almost each form field i have to painstakingly choose the CSS code from the reference target guide.

I wish someone would develop a style sheet generator.. thats would automaticly apply the needed design tweaks to my form fields...

I thought i share this here.. perhaps other people here feel the same way about this..

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday July 6, 2011 | Permalink
  2. We do plan on adding some sort of visual style editor in the future. I'm not sure if it will be a separate add-on or part of the core at this point, but it is something we want to tackle soon.

3. Tim

Hi Kevin...

I hope it will come soon.. if people had an easier way of editing the forms you would have alot less support requests, im sure ;-)

4. Yeah, that would be the hope. Unfortunately, there will probably be plenty of requests about how to use the style editor. Hopefully it will make for a better user experience either way.

5. Tim

That might very well be the case..

But yeah.. definatly better and most importantly FASTER than the current way of tweaking the css.

6. While we do plan on creating some sort of visual style editor, we strongly believe that the theme should be driving the style of your site, not Gravity Forms. The form should blend and look good in your theme, it shouldn't look out of place. A well developed theme should have the styles already in place for a form to look good out of the box. That is one of the reasons we had been avoiding creating a style editor. Unfortunately well developed themes are few and far between, especially with so many people using ThemeForest themes.