PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Submit button doesn't work in Chrome, both OS X and Win7 - only certain forms

1. Hi there - a client just pointed out to me that the Submit button isn't working in Chrome for this form: http://www.rowboatmedia.com/rowboat-media-client-homework/

However, it DOES work for my general inquiry form on the same site. Nothing fancy with these forms - I have just created them and let my own site's CSS run what it wants to run.

A search on Chrome shows that some people are getting double submissions - but in this instance, the button isn't even clickable.

Thanks for your help!

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday July 29, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Craiger

We, too, are having the same issue.

I have implemented the new conditional logic for the Submit button (as Carl told me that you now had it).

It works perfectly on FF & Safari, but the Submit button is not displaying at all on Chrome, even when it should according to the condit. logic.

http://www.studiopress.com/contact

What I don't get is that I tested your form on Chrome, the one with the condit. logic, and it works perfectly.

Any ideas?

3. @cynthialaluna What version of Gravity Forms are you running?

Chrome doesn't like your Website URL related fields being blank. Are you using the Website field type with HTML5 output turned on?

4. @craiger I can't replicate any issue with your form in Chrome. The submit button displays when I select one of the options where it should display. Kevin has also tried on Chrome on PC without any problems.

Here is a screenshot of Chrome on PC:

http://grab.by/grabs/9b648d4d9f62b5c7840f0a3557466c87.png

Here is a screenshot of Chrome on Safari:

http://grab.by/5Egd

5. Craiger

Ok, here is what I just found for my issue...

I was previously using a custom template, that I had my previously created jquery added to and which I removed, so I could use the new conditional logic/jquery built into GF.

I just changed the contact PAGE to use the DEFAULT Template and now the Submit button works on Chrome.

6. Carl,

Thanks for your quick reply - this is the first time I've had to ask for help, and I'm impressed!

For some reason the upgrade wasn't being offered in my plugins panel UNTIL I went to settings to make sure my license key was in there (it was), and then the settings panel said I had an upgrade and linked to the plugins panel - I clicked again through that link and the upgrade option magically appeared.

HTML5 was off by default, so I then tested and it's working now - although the formatting is a bit strange - the top edge of my radio buttons is nicked. Good enough for now though.

Thanks again.

7. @cynthialaluna Okay good, on the styling issue with the radio buttons in Chrome it looks like there is something in your custom CSS that the form is inheriting that is causing it. It works fine on a default Thesis install so it's custom CSS that is causing the issue.

@craiger There must be something in the page template that you were using that was causing a conflict. Possibly the old jQuery you had added was still in that template.

8. @cynthialaluna

You can try adding this to your custom.css file. The issue is the top margin on the list that contains the radio/checkbox buttons. You should be able to tweak the margin value to your liking.

#content_box .post_box .format_text .left_label ul.gfield_checkbox, #content_box .post_box .format_text .left_label ul.gfield_radio, #content_box .post_box .format_text .right_label ul.gfield_checkbox, #content_box .post_box .format_text .right_label ul.gfield_radio {margin-top:.4em!important}

9. Thanks Kevin!

10. Craiger

No, I had removed that block of code & double checked it.

Posted 13 years ago on Friday July 30, 2010 | Permalink