PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

submit to a specific Groups ?

1. I might just be missing it, but I cannot find a way to have a multi-check box so people can sign up for specific groups, like this form from mailchimp:

http://eepurl.com/yM-N

I can duplicate all the elements on that form with gravity, but have not figured out how to make people end up in the specific group that they want info from.

... help ...

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday August 31, 2010 | Permalink
  2. The MailChimp add-on currently does not support groups. Group support will be coming when we add additional features to the MailChimp add-on.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday August 31, 2010 | Permalink
  3. mattf

Hi Carl,

I've just jumped over from dare I say it?...Wufoo...where I have been using the MailChimp groups feature for a large number of sites.

Just been copying/setting up my third form using your brilliant service (I'm very impressed!)...but just hit a brick wall when I realised your MailChimp integration doesn't yet work with groups.

Any idea when the groups feature will be ready?...as I'm going to have to carry on paying their bloody monthly fee a little longer :(

Hope it's not too long.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday September 20, 2010 | Permalink
  4. We are currently working on an update that will bring pricing capabilities and a PayPal add-on, after that has been released we can look at doing an update to the MailChimp update.

Posted 13 years ago on Monday September 20, 2010 | Permalink
  5. We would also love to see this feature added, subscribed to this topic, fingers crossed!

Posted 13 years ago on Monday October 25, 2010 | Permalink
  6. bluelagoon

Hi

We would also really like to see this added. Please.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 29, 2010 | Permalink
  7. bluelagoon

To add a bit of detail: our use of groups is hidden, to track sign-up location within our site. So we'd need support for that within the form.

Thanks

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 29, 2010 | Permalink
  8. +1 for this feature. Nice work overall though.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 6, 2011 | Permalink
  9. jerome281

Is it possible for the user to subscribe to multi lists on the latest version 1.4 Mailchimp add-on?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday January 27, 2011 | Permalink
  10. SoundsGood

Has this function been added yet? Can we now use "Groups" ?

Posted 13 years ago on Monday February 28, 2011 | Permalink
  11. SoundsGood

Also (just in case it's not yet working) what do you recommend we use instead?

In my case I *must* segment people into Groups.

Thanks!

12. It isn't supported. We are still in a development cycle with Gravity Forms v1.5, the User Registration Add-On and the PayPal Add-On. Until the MailChimp Add-On supports MailChimp groups you can use MailChimp custom fields and then segment your list based on that custom field.

13. SoundsGood

Okay, thanks.

14. I too need to segment my list based on which form is completed. I tried to follow the advice above, but when I add a MailChimp check-box field to my list it automatically makes it a group - which I cannot cross-reference to my GravityForms.

I know that you guys are working hard on the other modules but without this critical feature the whole product is useless to me. I need a solution and am open to suggestions.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 8, 2011 | Permalink
  15. @rlmckenney Until we are done with our current development cycle we can't devote time to adding feature enhancements to the MailChimp Add-On. It is something we plan on adding as soon as we can.

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday March 8, 2011 | Permalink
  16. ztalk112

+ 1 for this feature.

I'd like it to work as a hidden field so that the subscriber is unaware that they are being added to a particular list group.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 11, 2011 | Permalink
  17. Thanks for the input. We are working on some new product development right now but we are discussing how to move Add-On updates and new development forward. We would like to add some dedicated developer resources who are focused solely on Add-On development. A MailChimp update is most definitely on our to do list.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 12, 2011 | Permalink
  18. stealthkinetics

+8 (the number of sites I would use it on) for Mailchimp Group support

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 26, 2011 | Permalink
  19. balloontwister

+1. I now have to manually add them to groups.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 8, 2011 | Permalink
  20. timburch

+5 MailChimp Groups support would be amazing!!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday December 22, 2011 | Permalink
  21. The next version of the MailChimp add-on will support groups. We're working on enhancing all the add-ons right now.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 23, 2011 | Permalink
  22. +1 I am anxiously awaiting the groups feature!

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday January 8, 2012 | Permalink
  23. I see we can now select what group a MailChimp form submits to, but is there a way that it can be set up so the user can select what groups they want?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday February 9, 2012 | Permalink
  24. directresponse

What kaomedia just said.

There NEEDS to be a way where the USER signing up can select their groups.

Right now I can create the gravity form with multi selection. And I have associated that form with my mailchimp list and I can view the groups but I need to have it so that when that form is used by the user signing up and they see like 10 interest groups. They can select 1 or several and then gravity forms would pass on that selection and place them in the group that is setup inside mailchimp

Wuforms does this. Im suprised gravityforms hasn't caught up with them on this one.

It's basic mapping of fields from mailchimp to fields with gravity forms.

I noticed this thread has been going on for over 2 years and this still hasn't been added as a feature. Its a key feature in mailchimp and one that wuforms saw was important enough to add it to theirs.

Must be a way?

Posted 11 years ago on Friday March 1, 2013 | Permalink
  25. David Peralty

We have limited development resources, but this is on our list of things to tackle at some point. Please be patient. All my best!

26. directresponse

David. It appears to be working without hacks.

I setup groups in mailchimp
    I created gravity forms with checkboxes
    I went to mailchimp addon, selected list. It brought in groups. I setup select this if this is selected

And it worked. Once selected it passes it on to mailchimp.

27. David Peralty

That's great. Thanks for posting a response. I hadn't had a chance to try it out yet and the team was out for lunch.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.