PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Super Slow Long Custom Taxonomy Term List

1. hexdigital

I have created a form that submits a custom post type. One of the key dropdowns in the form is populated by a custom taxonomy that I need to hold approximately 2500 terms, and more to follow (users can add their own using the forms conditional logic. New entries will be saved into the database).

Unfortunately, given the huge number of terms, the page won't even load! Is there any way to lazy load the terms? Or perhaps use the enhanced UI such that it only queries the database of terms when a user is searching for the one their looking for?

Any solutions or ideas would be hugely appreciated as it's critical I make this work!

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Monday January 28, 2013 | Permalink
  2. How are you loading the taxonomy items into the form now?

3. hexdigital

Hi

I'm using the 'Populate with Taxonomy' option in the back end...

Cheers

4. Are you using an additional plugin to provide that functionality? I don't have that option in my installation.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday January 29, 2013 | Permalink