PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Support for Twitter Bootstrap

1. I'd love to see you provide support for altering the HTML that Gravity Forms outputs. Ideally I'd like to be able to easily use Twitter Bootstrap's form styles.

The fact that Gravity Forms wraps every label & field with list items makes it difficult to use their styles out-of-the-box. Rather than list items, Bootstrap just needs the label and field outputted — not wrapped in anything.

Is there anyway to alter the HTML output now without hacking the plugin? Maybe a template override? Do you have plans to provide more control over this in the future?

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday March 25, 2012 | Permalink
  2. GZA

We're planning to build our site using Twitter Bootstrap. Are we going to be in for mega problems using GF in this scenario?

If so, I'm now starting to think it might be better if we build our own forms without GF.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday March 25, 2012 | Permalink
  3. sznngoodwin

We're also trying to use Gravity Forms with Bootstrap. A template override would definitely help.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 26, 2012 | Permalink
  4. We may offer some way to templateize the forms in the future but it's not something that we're currently working on. There are lots of complexities to be addressed to make that happen. It is something we've discussed several times and will eventually tackle.

For now, you're going to have to work within the constraints of the form output/structure. If that's a no-go for you, then a hand built form may be the ticket.

5. sznngoodwin

David, you can override the ul styles with something like this in your CSS:

.gform_body ul {list-style:none}
    .gform_body .gfield label {width: 200px; float: left}

6. Kevin, thanks for the timely response. I look forward to having the templating functionality. I feel that is a item that many users would enjoy.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday April 5, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.