PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Taxonomy term description

1. Is it possible to display the term description on the form? For example, I'm populating check boxes with taxonomy, but it would be great if each term's description could be displayed below the term check box.

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 19, 2012 | Permalink
  2. How are you populating your check boxes with a taxonomy currently? Sounds like you would need some custom code to pull the term description from the taxonomy and display that with the check box.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 19, 2012 | Permalink
  3. In my gravity form, I've added a check box field and selected "populate from taxonomy". Any thoughts on where to create and call the custom code?

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday September 20, 2012 | Permalink
  4. I believe that language is coming from the Custom Post Types add-on. The "populate from taxonomy" language does not exist in my version of Gravity Forms.

Are you using this plugin?
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/gravity-forms-custom-post-types/

If so, you will need to contact that plugin developer for their assistance. If you are not, I will look harder for this option, but I do not see it in my installation currently.

5. Thanks, yes, I am using that plugin. I'll check with the developer.

6. thebaud

Hi everyone,
    I am using the last version of gravity forms (the best form plugin I ever tested) , and I am also wondering how I could use this feature.
    If I have some time, I will conduct few tests and if I manage to find out how to use it, I'll post it here.