PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Terminate form processing after submission

1. I understand from searching the forum that Gravity Forms does not provide an "Edit Mode" where the same form can be used to edit an entry that was used to create it. Please correct me if that's wrong, but I believe I read where that was under consideration for version 1.7 or beyond.

So, assuming that's the case, I have a need to create that capability myself. I would like to know how to terminate form processing before an entry gets created. What I have in mind is to use the pre-submission hook to capture the form data and update the existing entry then terminate the normal form process so that it doesn't bark at me because the index field is a duplicate.

Is this possible, and if so, how is it done? I'm not seeing anything in the developer docs that addresses this particular scenario.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I am also attempting this and am having difficulty terminating the form creation. Have you found a solution to this?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 19, 2011 | Permalink
  3. What you would do is handle the processing when the form is submitted, and then automatically delete the new entry that is created.

You wouldn't terminate the form submission itself. The form needs to submit and go through the submission process. But at the end of the process you can then automatically delete the new entry that was created.

Here is a forum post that discusses how to do this:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/purposefully-not-save-form-in-entries-database#post-15601

We will be adding this as an Advanced Form Setting in the near future.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 19, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.