PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Thank you note After form submission

1. how can i display a message with text and links after the user submits a form entry?

http://globalmarkets.com.kw/it/nuksreg/

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday October 5, 2010 | Permalink
  2. in the main form settings, there is a confirmation tab.. click on that and you have the option to set a confirmation message, send the form to any existing page you've created or else to redirect to any other external page.

screenshot

You could simply create a "confirmation" or "thank you" page with your message, links, etc. and send the form there on submission.

3. thanks man.

4. Jeff

To further discuss the note following a form submission ...

I am using the text feature following a form submission. The form itself is at the bottom of a long list of FAQ's. I want people to scroll down the FAQ's before they see the form to ask a question, so placing it at the bottom is where I want it.

Problem is, following the form submission, the text is displayed properly, but in order to see it, they would have to scroll all the way to the bottom again, that is not likely going to happen.

I want the message displayed in text, forwarding to a page in the site or another URL is not desirable. I want to display the question they asked, and provide a link to contact us, via the text option.

Is there an "ajaxy" way to make this confirmation text appear, where the page does not re-load going back to the top of the page, thus making the text mostly never seen?

Thanks!

Jeff

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 1, 2010 | Permalink
  5. There's an anchor that can be applied to the form via a filter. On submission, the page will return to the anchor at the top of the form so you can see the confirmation message or any errors if the form validation fails.

Here's more info.

http://forum.gravityhelp.com/topic/redirect-after-failed-form-redirect-to-page-w-anchor#post-9592

Posted 13 years ago on Monday November 1, 2010 | Permalink