PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

The form is not display after enable "Conditional Logic" to one of fields

1. suki

Hi,

I am going to purchase this plugin because my friend was using it and I see there's a lot of features, But he got problem when want to use the "conditional logic" features, The whole form is gone after he enabled the conditional logic to one of the fields in his form.
    Is this a known bug ? Please share with me.
    FYI, my friend's site is a wordpress multi site.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 30, 2012 | Permalink
  2. It is not a bug. When a form with conditional logic does not display, it is due to a JavaScript or jQuery error. Those errors usually come from theme or plugin conflicts. Do not let your friends experience with a form prevent you from making a purchase. After your purchase, if you have a problem with a form not working, we will be happy to help you.

There are many examples on this forum of us resolving conditional logic problems like this, but you will not be able to read them until you have purchased a license.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday August 30, 2012 | Permalink
  3. Hi, I have the samen problem after upgrading to 1.6.7 of GF. Our site developer put the following code in header.php

<?php wp_enqueue_script("jquery"); ?>

<?php wp_head(); ?>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo("template_url"); ?>/js/jquery.min.js"></script>

And I have a feeling that the cause of the problem lies with jQuery versions. Can you point me to a way to code the site in such a way that future coflicts between the theme and GF can be avoided?

The site is ww.notu-leren.nl and the problem is in the conditional logic halfway down the second form (page id=384) in the choice fields below "Betaling". I have switched conditional logic off so that the form can be submitted.

Thanks for any help!
    Jan de Boer

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday September 8, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Moved to regular support forums.

5. @Jan, the site ww.notu-leren.nl returns a 404 error. Can you please check or repost the URL? Thanks.

6. Sorry, should be http://www.notu-leren.nl
    Jan de Boer

7. Sorry, to have bothered you. The problem has been SOLVED. Cause was hardcoded jQuery 1.5 in various php files of the solidwp theme. More specifically (to learn from our mistakes):

jQuery was called twice hardcoded in header.php, once via wp_enqueue_script also in header.php. These three were incorrect. wp_enqueue_script doesn't belong in header.php and the other two should never be hardcoded in whatever file.

In header.php stood in line 12 t/m 17 the following.

<?php wp_enqueue_script("jquery"); ?>
    <?php wp_head(); ?>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo("template_url"); ?>/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php bloginfo("template_url"); ?>/js/jquery-1.8.1.min.js"></script>

Because <?php wp_head(); ?> was called again a little further on, this code has been removed.

In _admin/functions-setup.php jQuery 1.5 was loaded in the footer. This is now loaded in the header instead of the footer for better compatability with plug-ins that are dependant on jQuery.

Jan de Boer

8. Very good. Thanks for posting your experience.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday September 9, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.