PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Theme causing js error when ajax enabled on forms

1. I'm getting the following js error on forms that have ajax enabled on them:
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected number

This is on the line that calls the js just after the form.

I've identified that it is an issue with the theme as the forms work fine with default twentyeleven theme activated.

Onto resolving the problem... The issue only occurred recently and there have been no real changes to the theme code. How do I go about debugging a theme? As it's only occurring when ajax is set on the form I presume it's a javascript issue.

Any tips on how I can debug this further will be much appreciated!

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday September 5, 2012 | Permalink
  2. This is has been reported and we're looking into why it's happening with 1.6.7. Sounds like you have discovered it's a theme conflict. If not, please begin by checking for theme and plugin conflicts by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

For the time being, the work around is to disable AJAX on the form.

3. Okay, that's what I'm doing as a temporary fix. How will I know when the issue is resolved, is it likely to be an update to the plugin or is there a page I should keep an eye on?

P.S. Very quick response, thanks!

4. There will be a plugin update, or a reply explaining why this is happening in your theme (and some other themes) with 1.6.7. Thanks.