PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

There was an error while saving your form. Please contact our support team.

1. bobair

I need a little help determining how to fix this issue...

I've moved my website to a new server (RackSpace) and I've had some Character Encoding problems with the wordpress database transfer... something I'm not entirely confident I can fix.

But for the most part I've resolved any weirdness within the blog by changing a Reading Setting within wordpress from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1

My new problem is with setting up new forms:

- I can create a new form.
    - I can import a new form.
    - I can save a form when I make minimal changes.

Error: If I try to past text from an unformatted document into a form it won't save and gives me the typical error message.

At first it was a problem with the max number of characters being added (a few paragraphs) but I've isolated the error to a few specific characters... which I can only assume is some type of Character Set issue?

Doesn't Save: " This doesn’t work. "
    Does Save: " This doesn't work. "

I have no idea what my wordpress database character set really is, but this wordpress site is currently set to this: "ISO-8859-1"

If I change the wordpress back to UTF-8 then I CAN save... but then the rest of my blog posts have strange character problems.

My current solution is to fine edit the characters I add to my form descriptions, but I'm wondering if there's something else I should be doing? Or if anyone has a suggestion for cleaning up this process?

Thanks in advance!
    ~ Robby

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 22, 2012 | Permalink