PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

This form's meta could not be recovered.

1. nicole2292

Hi,

I have just migrated my site by doing a database export from phpMyAdmin. Normally this works perfectly for me for all sites however it lost my gravity forms.

After a bit of investigation I found that the meta data was likely corrupted and I have used the meta Data Recovery Tool. This worked from all single page forms.

However I have one form which is a multi-page form and for this I get "This form's meta could not be recovered." when I attempt to do the meta recovery.

How can I recover this data and restore this form to it's original state on the new server?

Best Regards,

Nicole

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 7, 2012 | Permalink
  2. nicole2292

I would just like to add that I have also tried copying over the meta data for this form (form_id 1 in the table wp_rg_form_meta) directly from the original database to the new on using phpMyAdmin and still the same symptom is present for this form.

Please help - this is our main membership form and it is essential that it can be restored asap. What should I do?

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday March 7, 2012 | Permalink
  3. I am having the same issue. My form and all of its details are still in my database but for some reason the form could not be located. I tried the Meta Recovery Tool as well and it is also telling me "The forms meta could not be recovered." Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday March 11, 2012 | Permalink
  4. We have the same issue - please does any one have a solution thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday March 11, 2012 | Permalink
  5. nicole2292

Can we PLEASE get some help with this?

It should not be the case that a site using gravity forms cannot be successfully migrated to a new server. I mean what are we supposed to do - keep the site on the same server forever? There doesn't seem to be another option right now...

Therefore please tell us how we can successfully transfer or restore the gravity forms database data so the multi-page forms work after the transfer?

This is very urgent!

Thank you,

Nicole

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 12, 2012 | Permalink
  6. @nicole2292 The issue isn't that Gravity Forms can't be migrated. The issue is PHPMyAdmin's import/export functionality doesn't properly handle serialized data.

The problem isn't Gravity Forms, the problem is the tool you are using to import/export MySQL data. It doesn't handle the data properly and results in bad data being imported.

What exactly are you wanting to recover? Are you simply concerned with the forms themselves or do you need to recover the form entries also?

If the forms are your only concern then you shouldn't import/export Gravity Forms this way using PHPMyAdmin. You should use the Gravity Forms Import/Export functionality to Export the Forms to an XML file and then import that XML file in your new site using the Gravity Forms Import Forms functionality.

If you need to recover the entries, that is more problematic if the form meta data is corrupt.

Contact me directly at carl@rocketgenius.com and provide me with a SQL export file of JUST the Gravity Forms database tables for your site (ALL of the rg_* tables in your WordPress database). We can take a look and see why the Meta Recovery tool is not recovering the multi-page form.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday March 12, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.