PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Tick Box default and not deselected

1. I have searched the forum for an answer to this question without success.

I have three options in a CheckBox field, the first option is ticked by default. Thats all OK but when people fill the form in they are able to 'deselect' the first (Default ticked) option. The reason I need it defaulted with a tick box because option 1 is mandatory so I dont want them to deselect it.

The options are three dates for an event and they must attend the first day.

Thanks for your help anyone.

Best regards
    Mark

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 12, 2013 | Permalink
  2. To prevent the user from unchecking the checkbox, you would have to disable it. However, if you disable it, the value won't be submitted with the form. If you wanted to do this anyway, you could use jQuery to target the input ID and disable the first checkbox input.

Maybe you can present the options differently, since the first input is not actually a choice: you're just telling someone they have to attend.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday March 14, 2013 | Permalink