PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Time field not displaying in firefox correctly

1. magoo

Hello,

I just bought Gravity Forms and the time field is not displaying correctly in firefox. It works in explorer and chrome. Will you please help me?

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8133/formm.jpg

Thank you,
    Magoo

Posted 10 years ago on Friday April 26, 2013 | Permalink
  2. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Can you post a link to a page containing the form in question

Regards,
    Richard
    --
    Just another member of the community helping out where I can

3. magoo

Hi Richard,

It's a clients site, so I can't post a link. But it works fine in chrome and explorer.

Thanks,
    Chris

4. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Hi Chris,

Without seeing the form and examining how the CSS rules from your theme, gravity forms, and the browser are interacting and being applied to the elements that form the time field it is difficult to suggest a solution.

Usually when the colon drops down below the time field it is because a rule in the theme is setting the inputs to display:block which can be counteracted by adding this

.gform_wrapper .gfield_time_hour input, .gform_wrapper .gfield_time_minute input {
        display: inline !important;
    }

But that's not the only cause, some themes add a large amount of padding to inputs which make the inputs larger and since the container has a width set then at some point you are going to run out of room and so the colon will drop out of the way. One way of getting round this is to reduce the padding or you can increase the width so here's how to target the hour and minute inputs and containers.

.gform_wrapper .gfield_time_hour input, .gform_wrapper .gfield_time_minute input {
          width: 50px !important;
    }
    .gform_wrapper .gfield_time_hour, .gform_wrapper .gfield_time_minute {
         width: 100px !important;
    }

Unfortunately you are just going to have to experiment a little

Regards,
    Richard

Posted 10 years ago on Saturday April 27, 2013 | Permalink
  5. magoo

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your help. Where do I place that?

Thanks,
    Chris

6. Richard Vav
    Administrator

Chris,

It depends on the theme, generally it goes in the style.css file but some themes also have a custom.css which doesn't get replaced during updates, either way it wants placing towards the bottom of the file.

Regards,
    Richard

7. magoo

Hi Richard,

The second one was the charm. Thank you for all your help. Even on a Saturday!

Kind regards,
    Chris

8. Richard Vav
    Administrator

You're welcome

Posted 10 years ago on Sunday April 28, 2013 | Permalink