PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Time Field on IE

1. The Time Field on my "Request A Quote" page (http://fogcityent.com/request-quote/) is not displaying properly in IE (surprise!). I would guess it's just a CSS fix but would like to get some concrete advice before I go poking around.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Posted 13 years ago on Saturday May 1, 2010 | Permalink
  2. What version of IE are you referring to? I checked in IE8 and everything seems to be fine.

screenshot

Also, what isn't displaying properly? Margins, alignment, labels, select box ?

3. I checked in IE8. The cursor won't go in the HH box on Event Time - Start. I see you did it but I've had complaints from others that they can't do it (& I couldn't do it either).

Of course, it works perfectly on Firefox etc.

4. Okay, thanks. I'll test it some more and see if I can offer any help.

5. I am running into the same issue.

- Gets cut off on IE 7
    - Also there is no maxlength set so more than 2 characters can be entered

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Are there any other work around to handle times besides a text field and radio buttons/drop down for AM/PM?

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday May 12, 2010 | Permalink
  6. The time field has been tested in IE7 and worked fine. It's most likely inheriting something from your theme and I may need to see it to know what to fix.

As far as the maxlength, I'll mention that to the team so we can get that updated in a future release.

7. Try appending this to your theme style sheet to fix the alignment issue..

.gform_wrapper .gfield_time_hour input, .gform_wrapper .gfield_time_minute input{*margin-left:0;}

and you can add the maxlength attribute to the time fields for now with some jQuery added to you theme header file.

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function() {

jQuery('.gfield_time_hour input').attr('maxlength', '2');
    jQuery('.gfield_time_minute input').attr('maxlength', '2');

});
    </script>

Let us know if that works for you.