PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Too many forms on one page

1. Gravity forms are great and can be used for many different things. I created a website with a lot of forms because of all the different results that can be made.

Because I have over 1600 forms now and still raising till over 2000 forms my website in the backend for choosing forms is very very slow.

All the 1600 forms that I have are displayed on one single page in Wordpress and took ages to load.

Is it possible to slit plages in for example 25 forms max per page? Just like the pages and posts that display 25 posts on a page.

Maybe with a little code or something? That would be very great if that is a possibility.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 11, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I have to ask... what exactly are you doing that requires this many forms as this is an extreme use case and i've never seen anyone with that many forms on a single WordPress site.

Chances are what you want to accomplish can be done with far less forms, potentially it could be done with a single form. You'd be amazed what you can do with the available hooks and customizations implemented via PHP.

If you tell us a little more about what you are doing we'd be glad to recommend a better way to accomplish what you are trying to do. Thousands of forms isn't it.

3. Thanks for your anwer. I have struggled with hooks and PHP but didn't find solutions for my problem. Also I tried third party plugins.

The reason for so many forms are the over 2000 different results in notification e-mails.
    Every step trough the website leads to different notification e-mails. The emails are send to visitors of the website and to the administrators.
    The administrators get different e-mails then the visitors. The visitors get's emails with banners and text like the way the choose forms on the website.

As I have so many (over 2000) different possibilities for notification e-mails with banners I didn't find an easier solution to get those emails send.

Hope there is an easier solution for this.

4. There's definitely going to be a better way to handle this. Creating thousands of forms isn't an ideal solution for any use case.

Is the primary thing that is unique the notification email that is sent? Are the forms themselves pretty much the same?

5. There should be an easier way but I still have these options.

There are 90 choices in the first selection, that makes 90 individual email notifications.
    After this selection there are another 4 possibilities. That makes at least 4 x 90 = 360 e-mail notification. These choices are all individual choices that can be made by the customer.

After these 360 possibilities there are another 360 x 8 = 2880
    These 2880 forms are calculations of products selected from the 360 choices.
    The results are all by these choices.

Hope this will anser your question. Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 12, 2013 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

Can you give us an example of a notification? They can't be totally unique right? So maybe there are some ways to program in variables if only a few words change.

7. Thanks for the ideas. The email notifications do have different mail adresses also in BCC, different titles and body text with banners with hyperlinks.
    There are no simple words that change but every mail has it's layout.

The only way to reduce forms is bringing them back to 360. I tried that before but then the forms were getting that big with a lot of calculations and conditional fields that everything was running very slow at the end. So I had to split forms because of speed.

I'm over 2000 forms and everything is running great, website is fast and forms load is good. Only complain is the backend of wordpress, every form on one single page. That's the only limit so far that's concerning me.

Split forms over a couple of pages makes everything running fast again. I like the possibility to configure so many forms for every need of our customer.