PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

top alignment not working

1. Hello:

Got gravity forms and have a few forms on site; but even though have "top align" selected for forms; they are being displayed as "left align" on the page (http://foodanddeath.com/minicourse-new). I am aware this is being caused by the style.css file in my theme; but not exactly sure how to correct it; i tried editing it but ended up messing up the theme; was able to restore it; can i get any help with this?

Thanks,

Gerard

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday December 28, 2010 | Permalink
  2. Edit your themes style.css file. Look for this line:

.gform_wrapper .top_label .gfield_label { display:block;float:left; padding-right:20px; width: 100px; margin: 5px 0px 4px !important; }

Change it to:

.gform_wrapper .top_label .gfield_label { display:block; padding-right:20px; width: 100px; margin: 5px 0px 4px !important; }

That should do it. The theme has hardcoded styles for Gravity Forms to float the labels to the left of the fields.

3. Hello - put that change in and it added a weird banner at the top of my page with messages about the theme; and also the line about "would you like to..." is crunched up when it should not be; any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Gerard

4. Looking at the stylesheet, it looks like you changed something you shouldn't have. I don't see the change I mentioned above when I view your stylesheet. Something is wrong with it, it's outputting the comments of the WooThemes stylesheet at the top of your page. It shouldn't do this. You need to undo whatever it was that you had changed.

The labels are also still left aligned, if you had implemented the code I referenced above they would no longer be left aligned.

What exactly did you change?

5. Hello Carl:

sorry about that; my boss had me go in and try stuff and that is hwy it was different; i have restored the original style.css file and then just pasted in your line instead of the one there before; and it is like it was before...so you can see it now...

Thanks,

Gerard

6. As mentioned above, you need to make a change to your themes style.css file.

Edit your themes style.css file. Look for this line:

.gform_wrapper .top_label .gfield_label { display:block;float:left; padding-right:20px; width: 100px; margin: 5px 0px 4px !important; }

Change it to:

.gform_wrapper .top_label .gfield_label { display:block; padding-right:20px; width: 100px; margin: 5px 0px 4px !important; }

Once you do that it should fix the label position. Just don't change anything else. I'm not sure what you changed the last time you tried it, but it wasn't that line because it was still intact even after you made changes.

7. ok - i put the original style sheet back and that fixed the top comment problem; i found that line (those are the only lines starting with "gform" so i know i have the right line); and i redid your change; with the same effect; it did make them top aligned; but the labels are still "scrunched" and do not have a full line like they should; the top comments are back and etc...; i confirmed the file was changed this time; because i pulled it down from ftp and it had the change in...; so i have confirmed the only change in there was your change; sorry about all the back and forth on this - please let me know...

Gerard

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday December 29, 2010 | Permalink
  8. I see you reverted that change back because the labels are left aligned again when I view this page:

http://foodanddeath.com/minicourse-new/

You need to make the change above, and let us view it so we can see what other changes need to be made. Your theme stylesheet is what is causing the style issues. So you need to make the change above and let us know when it is in place so we can look at it and see what else needs to change.

9. Hello Carl:

Thanks for all of your help; I was able to get this resolved now...

Thanks,

Gerard