PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Trouble Editing Columns In Entries Section

1. Hello

I tried a few things i found on the forum about problems editing the columns within the "entries" section.

My problem is the drag n drop function in the editor only seem to work for some of the items.

I can drag some items from the right to the left but some i cannot. Mainly the Payment Status.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 1, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi, mgmatthews18,

Have you checked to see if you have a plugin conflict? You can check this by running through this article: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Testing_for_a_Theme/Plugin_Conflict . If you have done that and still have problems, can you let us know which version of Gravity Forms you are using and which browser so we can try to reproduce the issue. I have tested using FireFox 10. Also, are you only having problems with one form, or are there problems adding columns to the entry list with any form?

Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 8, 2012 | Permalink
  3. hello again

ok i tried both tests - activating the twenty ten theme resulted in no luck. then tried deactivating all pluggins then reactivated just the gravity forms pluggin and unfortunately still have the same issue.

at this point i then tried what you said and found the issue is only on the single form, which has paypal integrated. i have the most recent version of the paypal addon (1.4).

firefox 10.0.2 & gravity forms 1.6.3.2.1

what do you think? i'm sure its something i am doin incorrect but confused on issue.

thank you!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 15, 2012 | Permalink
  4. Can you try two more things?

1. Turn on debugging in your wp-config.php
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    2. Since you are using Firefox, can you use its add-on FireBug and have FireBug running when you are working with that form? FireBug will show you all sorts of errors. It is especially good for javascript errrors.

If you do that and no errors show, can you send me an admin login so I can go in and take a look? You can email that to me at dana@rocketgenius.com.

Thanks. We'll figure this one out.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday March 15, 2012 | Permalink
  5. ok thank you.

i will give both a shot and let you know what i come up with. sorry for the late reply!

and thank you for the help. great support!

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday April 21, 2012 | Permalink
  6. websitedesignercharlotte

I am having trouble reorganizing the entries under the edit area. The drag and drop to reedit is no longer working please help..

Thanks for a tremendous plugin!!

Dana

Posted 11 years ago on Saturday November 10, 2012 | Permalink
  7. Anonymous
    Unregistered

I have the same issue.
    My solution for this was to add some JS that makes both lists height be the same:
    in file gravityforms\select_columns.php before jQuery("#sortable_available, #sortable_selected").sortable i have put this

var totalh = 0;
    jQuery("#sortable_available li").each(function(){
    	totalh += jQuery(this).outerHeight() + 2;
    });
    jQuery("#sortable_available, #sortable_selected").css("height",totalh);

But I need a permanent solution so I can update the plugin when needed and it remain working fine.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday November 11, 2012 | Permalink
  8. When the drag and drop functionality stops working, it's almost always related to a jQuery error. Because this topic is old and we now have multiple voices, I am going to close it and ask that anyone who still needs assistance please begin a topic of your own. Please include a description of the problem and include the browser and version you're using or have tried, and also what version of WordPress and Gravity Forms you are using.

Anyone who would like to get a head start on troubleshooting can check for theme and plugin conflicts as well by following these instructions http://rkt.gs/testing

Posted 11 years ago on Monday November 12, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.