PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

two different notification emails

1. clindgren

Hi.
    I have a form where you can choose if you are going to attend in a event or not. Can i send notification emails with different content based on that choice?

What i want to do is this e-mail will act as a entrance-ticket to the event.

My form creates users and also creates posts that are divided in two categories, attending and not attending.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Conditional email notifications is not currently a supported feature. The only way to do this would be as a customization using available hooks and custom PHP.

We do plan on enhancing the email notifications in the future to support conditional logic to determine which notification is sent. It's on our roadmap and will be implemented in the future.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday December 2, 2011 | Permalink
  3. ptroxler

There is another nice work-around available, though, which does not need programming. Add a text field which is visible to admin only and is used depending on your condition. The default text is obviously your conditional notification text. Since it is visible to admin only, it will not show to non-admins when filling in the form. Now you can pull the content of this field into your notification email, and it will only appear, when said condition is present.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 10, 2012 | Permalink
  4. @ptroxler - that's an interesting idea - thanks for posting!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 10, 2012 | Permalink
  5. All, we just released GF v1.6.4 Beta 1 that has some conditional message capabilities, check it out here:

http://www.gravityhelp.com/gravity-forms-v1-6-4-beta-1-released/

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday April 11, 2012 | Permalink