PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Types of forms

1. I'd like to be able to classify a form as a certain type of form. For example, I'd like to have "registration form" as a type. This would be analogous to categories or tags on a post.

So if I make 10 forms, 3 would be classed as "Registration", and 4 would be "Purcahsing" and 3 would be something else.

Is this doable?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday February 18, 2013 | Permalink
  2. There is nothing built in to Gravity Forms to classify them like this. However, you could always use:

or
    Purchasing:

as the beginning of your form title, then all the Registration forms would be grouped together in the admin, since the list is returned alphabetically. You don't need to output the form title in the page where you embed it, so this form title can be for your admin use only.

3. What I really want to do is to be able to automatically render a list of forms of a certain type in my Nav. So I have have a nav item called "Forms" and have it auto populate with all the forms of a given type.

I would assume I can get a list of all the forms, and I *could* parse all the titles and only get the ones with specific keywords, but it would be sweet if I could do it by only requesting the ones I want.

I'll bet I could do it with a custom sql query pretty efficiently.

Any other recommendations there? If not I'll go this route.

4. There is nothing built in to Gravity Forms that would allow the sorts of groupings you need.

Also, forms themselves are not added to your name menu: the pages where the forms are embedded are what go into your nav. Knowing that, you could create a nav item of a certain custom post type, pages using a certain template (form-page.php?) or some other method (tags, categories?) Forms themselves are not accessed directly from your nav. I assume you mean public facing nav, not an admin menu. If not, we'll need another approach.