Please Note: We are no longer using forums to facilitate standard support. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Unable to edit form

  1. WPSpecialists
    Member

    I have a form that I'm unable to edit. The other 2 forms that I've created are able to be edited. I have a single character that needs to be changed in the form and can't for the life of me figure out how to change it.

    When I click "Update Form" the progress symbol just keeps spinning. I've tried updting the info in the database but end up with "Oops we can't find your form."

    Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

    Posted 3 years ago on Friday August 26, 2011 | Permalink
  2. How big is the form? The larger the form the more server resources are required to save it so if you're server can't keep up it won't save.

    Posted 3 years ago on Friday August 26, 2011 | Permalink
  3. WPSpecialists
    Member

    It has 41 sections.

    Do you have any suggestions?

    Posted 3 years ago on Saturday August 27, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Yep, this sounds like a PHP memory issue. With really large forms that's usually the problem. I would try increasing the available PHP memory. Here's information on how to do that.

    http://www.nerdgrind.com/increase-wordpress-and-php-memory-limit/

    Posted 3 years ago on Saturday August 27, 2011 | Permalink
  5. WPSpecialists
    Member

    Thank you for your responses. I apologize for not replying earlier but I didn't receive email notification. Weird.

    My limit was already set to 64M and it appears as though I can't increase that. Do I have any other options for making this vital change to the form?

    Thank you.

    Posted 3 years ago on Monday August 29, 2011 | Permalink
  6. WPSpecialists
    Member

    This thread can be changed to resolved. I finally came up with a work around.

    Since the majority of the site was duplicated on my computer (XAMPP) here's what I did...

    Exported the live-site's database

    (the following was all done on the duplicate site/server)
    Imported the db
    Changed the db info in wp-config.php
    Changed the wp-options to reflect the URL
    Logged in, edited and saved the form
    Changed the wp-options back to the live-site's URL.
    Exported the database.

    (Back to the live site/server)
    Imported the new database (Original was untouched in case this bombed)
    Changed wp-config.php to the new database's info.

    Posted 3 years ago on Thursday September 1, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.

Support Tickets

Open A New Support Ticket
 Open A New Priority Support Ticket *

* Developer license holders only