PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Unable to upload images to post

1. mygm

Hello, I am having trouble with uploading the post (featured) images when using gravity forms for front end posting. The problem I am having is fairly new considering that it was working at one point, but it stopped working after moving the site to a new domain name. Here's a screenshot of the error I am receiving- http://i47.tinypic.com/2ypd9a9.png

I tried searching the forums, documentation, google, etc. and have not been able to figure out the problem. I checked the folder permissions via FTP and on the host's FTP, still the problem occurs. I tried deactivating plugins and I've tried deleting gravity forms via FTP and re installing but I'm still having the same problem. I also tried using one of the filters to change the upload directory but that did not work as well.

Im not sure what else to do, so any help would be much appreciated.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday November 8, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Can you create a new form with an upload field and see if that works? Make sure there are no functions being used to change the upload directory.

3. mygm

Hi, thank you for your response. I tried creating a new form and tested it out but the same problem is happening. The form creates the post but the image upload is still not working. Maybe you can take a look at the test form? Is there any way I can send you the link through a private message? The site is for a client and Im not sure how they will feel about me posting the link in public.

4. Please export the form as XML and email it to me at chris@rocketgenius.com and I will install it. I think this is related to the change of domain for your site (or configuration of the new server and their tmp directory), but I will be happy to install this form on my server and see what happens.

5. mygm

Ok, you want me to export the test form I created correct? As far as the domain change, it is all on the same host/server.

I am going to send over the email now.

6. You can send over whichever form you want me to look at. We can at least confirm that it's not a problem with the form, but something on the server.

7. mygm

Ok I sent it over.

8. I imported the form you sent over and I can upload an image just fine, without an error. This problem is related to the change in domain name or the configuration of the server. Maybe the host has some logs which will help pinpoint the problem?

It could be permissions with the tmp folder or the wp-content/uploads/gravity_forms folder as well. Or it could be a PHP restriction on the filesize or amount of time to process the upload.

9. Hi,

I had trouble with the submission of a form too. After a lot of testing it turned out it had to do with the post image upload field. Created a test form: http://www.pepperbase.com/test-2

In the console of Chrome I can see a 503 error:

<html>
    <head><title> 503 Service Unavailable
    </title></head>
    <body><h1> 503 Service Unavailable
    </h1>
    The server is temporarily busy, try again later!<hr />