PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Unable to merge data and import

1. accurate

Hi,

I have a separate excel file that has all the attributes my form has. What I'm trying to do is merge the information on the excel file with the excel file that is created from exporting. When I merge the data, I am unable to import it:

Forms could not be imported. Your XML export file is not compatible with your current version of Gravity Forms.

Is there any way that I can merge both excel files together through importing?

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday April 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

Form Entries are exported to CSV which can then be imported into Excel. Form Entries can only be exported to CSV, they cannot be imported.

Form Settings, not to be confused with Form Entries, are exported to XML which aren't designed to be imported or edited at all in Excel. They are merely for exporting a form from one site and importing it to another site.

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday April 21, 2011 | Permalink
  3. josey

I'm trying to manages entries of forms from a development site to a production site. So, I'm making local site/db changes to entire site and need to push out updates, but then their are entries from the live site in the live db. I don't want to lose those, how is the best way to merge those entries to my local db? Also, if the production/live site make notification edits, I want to merge those with local/dev db, too.

Do I have to manually do a db replace of GF tables to local db before making it live. I don't do sql queries, and rarely pull tables into databases.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday July 16, 2011 | Permalink
  4. josey

I thought I could just export forms from live site, and import into local, but I get duplicate forms. And this is not including the entries? Right?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I went ahead and exported the rg_ tables from the production/live site, dropped them from the local/dev site and tried to import them to the local. I got this error:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '234' for key 'PRIMARY'

I'm not experienced with advanced sql db editing, but probably could figure this out if given some direction, thanks.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday July 16, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Exporting and Importing Forms creates a new form, it doesn't overwrite existing forms.

You would have to export all of the Gravity Forms related database tables and then import them into your new site. This would bring over all your forms and all your form entries.

After doing so, if the forms don't work you may need to use the Meta Recovery Tool that is available on the Plugin Downloads page. Sometimes exporting/importing causes problems with the serialized data and you need to correct this using the Meta Recovery Tool. It's a plugin that adds a new "Meta Recovery" navigation item under Forms that you use to correct the meta data for each form.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday July 18, 2011 | Permalink
  6. josey

I started to drop the form tables and import them to the new db, and got: #1062 - Duplicate entry '234' for key 'PRIMARY'

I can't get the tables to import, maybe I'll try another time.

7. josey

I got it, I was making a mistake by export all the db tables when I thought I was only exporting the rg_tables.

Thanks for the node to Meta Recovery Tool, will use if need be. All looks okay now though.

Cheers

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.