PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Upgrade Error | Cannot uninstall old plugin?

1. Good Morning Support Crew!
    It seems the recent upgrade won't install properly with my wordpress site.
    I get this error: Unable to uninstall old plugin
    Since downloads of the specific gravity form software is given through a link when you purchase, I don't think I can just do a fresh install since I don't have a download link to the newly updated gravity forms.

Advice?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday February 5, 2013 | Permalink
  2. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!
    THIS IS NOW AN URGENT PROBLEM, AS IT'S TAKEN DOWN MY WHOLE SITE.
    http://www.homerwatson.on.ca/

3. David Peralty

You will have to update/install via FTP to fix this issue. Usually this is a permissions issue where WordPress isn't able to remove files from the wp-content/plugins folder or a temp folder it creates.

If you upload Gravity Forms via FTP, this issue should go away. I'll let our developers know about the add-on error you are seeing.

4. Hello David,
    Thank you for your response. What are the next steps to rectify this issue? It seems (because of the error) my wordpress installation has completely deleted the base plugin (As seen here). I need to get this site live again without issue as fast as I can. I've receiving a number of calls complaining about it being down as of a few minutes ago. So am I able to get a downloadable link to the new gravity forms so I can install it via FTP?

5. You can grab the latest version here: http://www.gravityhelp.com/downloads/

6. I've since deactivated the plugins (PayPal) that I was using on the site, so that the main page shows. However, these new forms make up much of the use of the website, and therefore without them working, the site is rendered almost useless.

7. Thank you SO MUCH Rob! I'm going to try and reinstall now. Thank you!!!

8. Update:
    Well holy cow. I think I need a new pair of breeches. Thank you so much for your help Rob and David. I've installed the new Gravity Forms via FTP and reactivated the related plugins associated with Gravity Forms and all seems right in the world. Thank you for taking the time to assist. Your quick help and attention given this problem a quick and easy solution.

Thank you so much!

9. No problem, glad to help - I saw your priority ticket come through, but decided to just respond here since it was active.

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.