PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Upload Update

1. Daz

I have read a few posts on the forums here regarding this, but most seem a bit outdated so just wanted to see the progress on this before purchasing.

1. Has the flash upload script been added (eg. users can upload x amount of files from one browse box)

2. Does the user need to hit an upload button and then a submit button when posting content? Or do the files get uploaded with the "submit" button? (eg. only one button to post content and upload files)

3. Can the user post .mp3 files?

4. Is there an option that the images uploaded show up as an image in the post? Or is it just an attachment URL?

Please let me know.
    Thank you!

Posted 13 years ago on Monday April 18, 2011 | Permalink
  2. 1) Flash upload has not been added. It's a feature we plan on adding in the future, but we've had bigger more pressing features we added in 1.5 that prevented us from adding it in this release.

2) The files get uploaded the user submits the form, or move the page 2 of a multi-page form.

3) A user can upload any type of file using the file upload field. However, if you are created a post only Post Images get added to the Media Library. Any other file types you would have to use the Post Custom Field set to File Upload as the field type and the full path to the file would be stored as a custom field for that post.

4) It's an attachment and you can use the Content Template feature of the Post Body field to automatically add it in the content of the post itself.

3. Daz

Thanks for the response. I will use Gravity forms over TDO Mini Forms just because of the support as well as future improvements such as multiple uploads.

4. Carl, I think I'm reading you, but just to clarify your reply to question #2:

If a user uploads a video via the form, it will not be added to the Media Library?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  5. @clicknathan The Post Image field adds Images to the Media Library, but currently there is no Post Video field. You can attach any file upload to a post using the Post Custom Field set to the File Upload field type and upload any type of file, however the file isn't added to the Media Library. It's uploaded to the Uploads folder and a full path URL is stored as the custom field value.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday April 26, 2011 | Permalink
  6. charger15

Is there some kind of rough timeline when you plan to implement a "post file" field (not only images)? Because if you don't plan to add that feature in the near future, I need to look for another solution.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 17, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Gravity Forms v1.6 development is almost complete so it won't be in v1.6. We can look at adding it in v1.7. We need to investigate to see what files are supported in the Media Library, etc. One new feature to the Post Image that v1.6 will have is an option to set the image as the Featured Image for the post that is created.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday August 17, 2011 | Permalink