PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

!! Urgent - Some Gravity Forms Have Disappeared on the Front End!!

1. hypergolica

Dear Gravity Forms Team,

The most bizarre thing has happened: some of the forms no longer appear on the front end while some do.

For example, go here: http://www.aur.edu/american-university-rome/contact/

If you click on the "Alumni Inquiries" you'll see that a Gravity Form appears. But if you click on "General Inquiries," the Gravity Form no longer appears!

Most importantly is here: http://www.aur.edu/american-university-rome/admissions/apply-to-the-american-university-of-rome/

There should be two Gravity Forms, one in each column, but they are gone. What on Earth would cause this?? I am especially vexed by the fact that it didn't happen to ALL forms.

Please help ASAP as I have no clue why this has occurred.

Thank you,

Tim

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Permalink
  2. hypergolica

Okay, I found some of the other threads that discussed this.

Here's my fix:

div#gform_wrapper_23 { display:block !important;}

This removes the "display:none;" that is applied. Note: change the "gform_wrapper_23" to the correct ID..

3. This is not a fix: it is a work around for the real problem. The problem is that you have a JavaScript error on that page:

Timestamp: 1/16/2013 7:28:13 AM
    Error: TypeError: jQuery(...).live is not a function
    Source File: http://s.gravatar.com/js/gprofiles.js?ver=2013Janaa
    Line: 2
    // http://javascriptcompressor.com/

That is causing the Gravity Forms jQuery to not run, so Gravity Forms cannot unhide the proper parts of the form. You have forced to forms to show by adding the "display:block" but that does not fix the JavaScript error which is the real source of the problem.

4. Hello, I have created a new wordpress site with several gravity forms. Just about to put the site live when I noticed the forms are missing. Error "Oops! We could not locate your form."
    They are also missing from the admin screen.
    I have searched the forum but still unable to resolve.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 17, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Did you change domains or servers, or develop on localhost and then move to production? This error does not normally occur unless the database was not copied completely when moving to a new site, or when you change the domain name. Please tell us more about your process to move from development to live site.

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday March 17, 2013 | Permalink
  6. Okay. I have not changed domains. I have developed the site on Network Solutions and plan to use the option that says 'make this site my homepage'. I haven't tried this yet. I have in the meantime created all the forms again. Am I likely to have a problem when I put the site live?

Posted 11 years ago on Monday March 18, 2013 | Permalink
  7. I'm not familiar with the option "make this site my homepage" but the problem you had is unique and does not normally happen unless you move servers or changed domain names. If you don't move the site or change the domain name, making the site live should not create any problems.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 19, 2013 | Permalink
  8. Update - I have now put the site live and all seems to be fine so far, all forms are there. If I do move the site in future, do I need to be aware of anything to avoid losing access to the forms?
    Many Thanks.

9. If you need to change domains, you should first export the forms from the old site and save them. Then, move your site using whatever method works for you with WordPress. Then, import the forms into the new installation.