PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

urls for forms?

1. Do the forms come with a url I can link to to take user back to the exact location of the form on the page? (I have a disclaimer on a separate page they have to read. Then I want to send them back to the form so they can agree to the terms that are set forth on that separate page.)

Thanks!

Posted 11 years ago on Friday November 2, 2012 | Permalink
  2. If the person fills out the form and leaves the page without submitting, the information may be lost unless you've added some kind of script to save partially completed forms. Why not simply use a HTML block element and add the disclaimer inline or use a section break element and the "gf_scroll_text" ready class? You could also launch the disclaimer in a pop-up window.

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/CSS_Ready_Classes

Honestly, leaving the form page and then returning back to a partially filled out form sounds like a poor user experience to me.

3. Kevin,
    Thanx for your reply. The only reason I wanted to send them to another page is because the disclaimer text takes up a lot of space, space I don't care to sacrifice from my salespage.

I didn't understand you answer (too techie for me) but I like the idea of having it come up in a popup. So I'll check out the link.

Thanks again.

4. Kevin it didn't work. I don't know if I properly selected the field because when I hit Advanced tab it didn't look like the screen shot on the page you linked me to. Is there a description for newbies on how to get to the form builder and how to select the field you want to affect?

5. Anne, it looks like you got that class to work: Screenshot. Is this not what you are looking to do?

Posted 11 years ago on Sunday November 4, 2012 | Permalink