PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Use social accounts to submit form

1. Tobe

Forms are build to interact with the users of your website. If you use Gravityforms for user generated content or for a contact form, there is a key element missing for building relations and dialogue with your users in 2013.

Users still can not submit a form using their social media accounts. Not necessary to register as user, just to submit the form and autofill some -hidden- fields.

There are existing plugins to be used on comments, see example: http://bit.ly/LY9si4
    Why would that not be possible on submitting a Grafityform?

Benefits:
    For user generated content it will increase traffic due to auto posting on the contributor's wall.
    For contact forms it will be a more secure way to identify the sender instead of those terrible captchas.

I believe it is possible to have users submit a Gravityform using their social media account. And I also believe Gravityforms and the community of users, developers and team are able to make that happen.

Can anyone share some idea's, other benefits and/or codes for this necessary add-on?

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday March 26, 2013 | Permalink
  2. David Peralty

I'm going to move this under feature requests.

3. Tobe

Super! Keep me posted!

4. rhuber

I love this idea. Who wouldn't flock to any form system for this feature alone? The possibilities with respect to how it could be used are endless.

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday April 11, 2013 | Permalink
  5. Tobe

Thank you rhuber :-)

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 15, 2013 | Permalink