PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User-created database?

1. ihaveaquestion

Hi there,

I need something where the user can input information into a form and have it stored in a database that they and only they can access on my website. The presentation of their information must come back in an organized fashion. What I'm thinking of here will be somewhat similar to a to do list that they can create and manage.

How will Gravity work for that? I would love to see live examples if possible.

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 5, 2011 | Permalink
  2. This isn't something Gravity Forms does out of the box. It could certainly do this, but it would have to be done as a customization using the available API hooks/filters. Out of the box Gravity Forms stores data in it's own database tables within your WordPress database and only the Administrator can then view the information that is submitted.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday May 5, 2011 | Permalink
  3. only the administer or anyone with a login/pass for the site can view the database info? for example a subscriber.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 12, 2011 | Permalink
  4. Out of the box only an Administrator can view the Gravity Forms entry data. If you want others to be able to see this data in the WordPress Dashboard for your site you'd have to use a role management plugin like the Members plugin to configure role management and configure which roles can access which areas of Gravity Forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday July 12, 2011 | Permalink
  5. jeffreycoe

Using role management can you configure a role that can view a entire form and limit which fields can be updated in the form by that role?
    Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 21, 2011 | Permalink
  6. Permissions cannot be set 'per form' and beyond that cannot be set per field in one specific form.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday July 22, 2011 | Permalink