PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Notification Conditional Shortcode

1. Hi - trying to use the conditional logic to change the User Notification email message. I tried copying directly from the manual:

[html]
    <p>Thank you for registering with The Edge! [gravityforms action="conditional" merge_tag="{Competition Entrance Fee:18}" condition="is" value="No"] We look forward to having you in our audience! [/gravityforms]</p>

When I do that, the message I receive has the first sentence, but the next sentence is "Oops! We could not locate your form."

So then I tried:

[html]
    <p>Thank you for registering with The Edge! [gravityforms id=9 action="conditional" merge_tag="{Competition Entrance Fee:18}" condition="is" value="No"] We look forward to having you in our audience! [/gravityforms]</p>

I don't get the error, but it copies the entire blank form into the email message.

Have I made a typo which is throwing it off? To me it looks just like the example here:
    http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Shortcodes

/Wendy

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 3, 2012 | Permalink
  2. Hi Wendy. The second one is certainly wrong. You don't need a form ID in the shortcode.

Can you try inserting the merge tag in again, using the drop down, to ensure it's 100% accurate. Also, be sure the "No" value is accurate as well.

You could also try the reverse, make it "isnot" and "Yes" to see if it works that way? I don't see anything obviously wrong with your shortcode.

OH - what version of Gravity Forms are you using? Conditional shortcodes were added in version 1.6.4beta1. You would not have access to conditional shortcodes unless your version is newer than that.

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday October 3, 2012 | Permalink