PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Registration

1. Hi,
    I have a question about upgrading. When users post through a form on my site it always says that I'm the author (I'm the only registered user), the only way I see that I can change this is by upgrading to the developer version. With this, if a user has to register before submitting a form, will the author then be the registered user or will it still say I am?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, I'm pretty new to wordpress and Gravity Forms.

Thanks, Ben.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 1, 2011 | Permalink
  2. You can configure your form so that if the user is logged in, they are set as the author of the post. If they aren't logged in, then there is no user to set as the author of the post. You don't need the Developer License in order to do this, you just need to allow users to register on your site. You can do this with the built in WordPress user registration.

If you want more advanced functionality and the ability to both create a post and register using the same form, then you would need the Developer License and the User Registration Add-On.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 1, 2011 | Permalink