PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Registration add-on

1. wooyro

Hi there,

I've purchased WooThemes Listings and been reading about Gravity Forms to see how to integrate it. I like the user registration option a lot but it's only available on the developer package! I've just started on ONE website and $199 seems steep for that feature. Would you suggest any other solution?

Thank you!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 31, 2011 | Permalink
  2. What are you looking to do with your registration form? Maybe there are alternate solutions available.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 1, 2011 | Permalink
  3. wooyro

I want users to register in order to post (e.g. article, image, audio, video) from the front end.

I can't find detail info of "posting as a guest" and "user registration".

Thanks for your assistance!

4. Hi Wooyro,

Is the user required to pay for registration? If not, you could just use WordPress' default registration to register users: http://grab.by/bajw

Not sure how you envision the posting as a guest functionality to work if you are requiring registration to post but if you provide me details on that, I'm sure we could provide some ideas to get you going.

5. wooyro

Hi David,

This is a website about yoga retreats. What I want is a community sharing area whereby users will have to register to post (no payment required) their yoga retreat experience. Then other users who ever want to comment will have to register as well. I would like it to work similar to social network platform.

What would be the way to achieve this?

Thank you!

6. wooyro

Any idea??

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 3, 2011 | Permalink
  7. Hi Wooyro,

With Gravity Forms v1.6 there is an option to disable forms for users who are not registered and logged in. This option allows provides an option to specify some content that should be displayed for users who are not logged in. You could setup a registration form as well and use the Gravity Form shortcode to display that to those users: http://grab.by/bb1O

In regards to commenting, I'd recommend using WordPress' default comment functionality. This assumes that you'll be setting up retreat reviews as a custom post type?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday November 3, 2011 | Permalink