PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Registration and Mail Chimp add-on Together in One Form

1. mordauk

At my website I am using the user registration and the mail chimp add-ons. When I have people register for my website, I would like to have a checkbox that allows them to signup for the newsletter at the same time as registering. I've set the mail chimp form to add the user to the list if the checkbox is checked. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working. The user is registered fine, but their email is not added to the mail chimp subscriber list.

Put Simply:
    - mail chimp works fine by itself
    - user registration works fine by itself
    - the mail chimp form recognizes the checkbox option (using conditional logic)
    - selecting the checkbox isn't recognized by mail chimp and they are not added to the list when they register

I believe the problem is related to the user registration and the mail chimp add-ons both using the same form. Is this possible?

Posted 12 years ago on Monday November 21, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi mordauk,

I was unable to recreate this issue locally. Could you send me a WP login and FTP access to your site so I can take a look and get this resolved for you? :)

Send to david@rocketgenius.com.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 22, 2011 | Permalink
  3. mordauk

Done, thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 22, 2011 | Permalink
  4. I have the same question. I would like to allow new users to opt for the newsletter when registering. What was the solution?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 19, 2012 | Permalink
  5. @johnsonsw, the previous poster had his form configured correctly and had a problem at that point. You can add a check box to your registration form and allow people to opt-in to the newsletter. Have you already done that, and it does not work?

Please post a link to your form with the checkbox for subscribing to MailChimp and we will take a look for you. Thanks

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 20, 2012 | Permalink
  6. @mordauk and @illinoisharley
    I would like to know how you set up your form so that users can sing up for mailchimp. I have no clue where to start.

Posted 11 years ago on Tuesday May 8, 2012 | Permalink