PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Registration Plugin Apply to Existing Data

1. Hi,

I've used gravity forms to create a large list of entries and now need to use the User Registration Plug In to create WordPress users. Is it possible to apply a user registration feed to an existing set of entries or am I screwed? Thanks for your help!

Posted 12 years ago on Monday June 20, 2011 | Permalink
  2. User Registration Add-On is only triggered by a form submission. So you can't retroactively apply the User Registration Add-On to existing entries. It only happens when a feed is created for a form and then that form is submitted from that point going forward. You can't apply it to existing entries.

You would have to find a plugin for importing users to your WordPress site and then you could export your existing entry data to CSV and then import them using another plugin.

3. Thanks for the prompt answer! It looks like I'll be searching for another plugin to do this task.

4. There are a variety of plugins available for importing users. Go to http://www.wordpress.org and go to the Plugin repository and search for Import Users and you should find a bunch of options you can look at.