PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Registration question - using an approval plugin

1. I'd like to upgrade to the Developer license to use the User Registration addon but have a question.

I understand there's no built-in approval process and that you recommend having people sign up for one role without content access, then manually upgrade their role when approved.

I'm wondering if the User Registration addon uses WP's core registration process so that I could use a plugin like New User Approve: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/new-user-approve/. Or if GF uses some customized registration process so I couldn't do that. Any ideas?

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday May 17, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hi Redkite,

Gravity Forms only uses WordPress functions to register users; however, it does not use the same process which may result in conflicts with other registration-related plugins.

I took a look specifically at the New User Approve plugin and unfortunately the Gravity Forms User Registration Add-on will not work with this plugin as this plugin relies on the user having been registered through the default WP registration page.

3. Okay, thanks for checking.

4. I got this to work with 'New User Approve'. Create a hidden field called user status in your registration form and put in the value 'pending'. Go to the user registration add-on and add a new User Meta field with the hidden field you've just created. Call the new User Meta field 'pw_user_status' and now when someone registers they will drop into the 'Users Pending Approval' tab of the New User Approve plugin.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday September 2, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Imaginate

@ryanmurray, thank you so much! I've been going crazy trying to figure out how to make this work. So glad to find this solution.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday September 27, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.