PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

User Registration - Site Creation Name

1. Is there a way I could use the Name / Title of a site as the username, but convert it all to lowercase, remove spaces and special characters, etc?

I am thinking an input field with a JS value based on the previous field entry (site name) would be the only route? Display none; then on error, change display value of inline css for field.

But do you have any other suggestions?

Posted 11 years ago on Wednesday April 17, 2013 | Permalink
  2. There are probably lots of ways to do this. Can you share a URL to your form where we can see what you're accepting as input, and where you would like to store the slug?

Posted 11 years ago on Thursday April 18, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Hey Chris - havent created anything yet. Just kind of in the "what can be done" stage.

Just trying to take a Multisite reg form, and make it much smaller and easier for a person to join

Example:

Name (cust)
    Site name (blogtitle)

if i could use

firstnamelastname for a field for Registration
    and
    sitenameblogtitle for the mu registration, that would be more simple than 4 sep fields.

Its kind of a pipe dream, asking in case anyone else had done something similar in the past.

Posted 11 years ago on Friday April 19, 2013 | Permalink