PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Users not getting their password

1. When a user registers on my site they aren't receiving the default WP-user email with their password. Since passwords are generated they have to reset their passwords before they can login to the site.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday June 1, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Hmm.. apparently the whole User Registration feed isn't working anymore. Yes, the user does get created, but other fields mapped to the user (first name, last name) aren't filled and the Role doesn't match the one of the UR-feed either.

3. Hi Illutic,

Have you recently imported or exported any of your forms? If so, your form may have a new ID and not be correctly mapped to the original User Registration feed you created.

If the User Registration is mapped to the correct form, go ahead and send me a login to your WP admin and FTP account so I can take a look.

4. Haven't had time to reply any sooner, but apparently saving the feed again did the trick.

I have no idea what happened, the conditional logic (not registering unless field X had value Y) was gone, all other settings were as they should have been.

5. We've had a few reports of this usually caused by an the user re-importing the form and form getting auto-updated to a new ID. Since the add-on feeds are ID based, they are no longer matched correctly. We will be making "broken" feeds more obvious in a new release.

6. Never done anything like that, so that's not the case here. I'm just hoping it won't happen again, now I've got it working again.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday June 7, 2011 | Permalink
  7. How do i match the ids??? i mean i have create the form 2 times already and recreated the user registration and link them... and still doesnt work :(

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 21, 2011 | Permalink
  8. @Eduardo I'm not sure what you are referring to. You shouldn't have to create forms multiple times. You would create your form, then go to the User Registration Add-On and create a new User Registration Feed and select that form when doing so. Is this not working for you?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday July 21, 2011 | Permalink
  9. I had this problem too, and I thought I would post what I found. I had found a script to auto-log in users after they register. This script was added to the functions.php file.

Before:

function new_user_registered( $user_id ) {
       wp_set_auth_cookie( $user_id, false, is_ssl() );
      wp_redirect( '/upload' );
      exit;
    }
    add_action( 'user_register', 'new_user_registered' );

After (don't have the meta problem anymore):

function new_user_registered( $user_id ) {
    	wp_set_auth_cookie( $user_id, false, is_ssl() );
    }
    add_action( 'user_register', 'new_user_registered' );

I assume this is because the plugin adds the user, then updates the user. If you have a hook that redirects the user after they register, none of the meta tags will get updated.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday August 29, 2011 | Permalink
  10. wesleyshaw

Reuben, that worked brilliantly. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday December 6, 2011 | Permalink