PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Users upload images to existing post

1. Before I fork out the dough to slap down on this extraordinary plugin, I have a question regarding images. I am building a website that will allow every registered user to upload images of their dog to a particular post. Every kind of dog has it's own post/page. I want to make it so a user can upload an image and it will appear inside a gallery either inside the post or below it. Is this possible. Additionally moderation capabilities. If it can insert it into a NextGen gallery that would be neat too.
    I was doing some searching and you mentioned "in your next release" and that was posted 1 year ago. I assume you have had more releases since then.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday December 11, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Updating an existing post is not something that is built in, but it would be accomplished by using some custom code and the hooks available in Gravity Forms.

Your form could accept an image upload. Then, with that image you would have to know the ID of the post to be updated, then actually update it and add the media so it appears in the gallery. It can be done but it would not happen automatically and you'd have to have some PHP and WordPress experience to customize Gravity Forms to do that.

There is no particular integration with NextGen Gallery, so I'm not sure how that would work exactly.

3. Thank you for the swift response, that's exactly what I needed to know.

4. Please let us know if you need more information before you make a decision.

5. I need to do this as well and I already own Gravity forms. I really just need to be able to add a new photo to an existing post so that users can add their photo/description to our recipe site.

Is there some documentation I can read through to learn how to use hooks? I'm already pretty good with Wordpress and PHP. Thanks,

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 19, 2011 | Permalink
  6. We don't currently have a tutorial on how to edit an existing entry or post. However someone has written a tutorial on how to edit/update an existing user profile. While not exactly what you want to do, it should be able to be used as a guide to get you going:

http://blog.fublo.net/2011/12/edit-wordpress-user-profiles-gravity-forms/

We do plan on adding the ability to edit and update existing entries and posts created by Gravity Forms as built in functionality either in 1.7 or before. So this is one of the many new features we plan on introducing in the first and second quarter of 2012.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday December 19, 2011 | Permalink
  7. sascha

Wow, great news! I might just wait then. Thanks for letting us know. BTW: a roadmap would be great, so people know what is (maybe) coming...

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday January 14, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.