PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Using GF in WordPress Footters and Sidebars

1. URL: http://www.afullyengagedlife.com

I would like to have a registration / subscription form that I have created appear within the footer of this website (Lower right). I can put the GF form code in the text widget but only the code appears, not the actual form.

I have searched the forums and am now wondering if I am to download the plugin from Joost or if there is now a GF widget/plugin that allows me to put a form in one of these footer or side areas. I read that you were going to develop a plugin and it seems that it may be in the new beta release.

Can you tell me what to do: 1) download Joost's plugin, or 2) update GF with the new release and get a GF widget plugin that way?

It seems that with Joost's I need some additonal code in a php file or in the style sheet. Is this correct? With a GF widget, if there is one, do I need to add any CSS code?

How does one update to the beta release?

Thank you!

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday October 13, 2010 | Permalink
  2. There is a widget in the latest version of Gravity Forms. It can be downloaded from the Downloads page or if you entered your license key correctly on the Settings page of Gravity Forms in your WordPress dashboard it should unlock automatic upgrades.

HOWEVER if you are running a pretty old version of Gravity Forms and didn't update when we released a new version before WordPress 3.0 was released then the automatic upgrade functionality in the version you are running may not be compatible with WordPress 3.0 so you may need to update manually by downloading the plugin file on the Downloads page here on this site and then using FTP to install it.

You should always keep your Gravity Forms install updated to the latest version, not just for feature enhancements but more importantly for bug fixes and compatibility fixes when necessary when WordPress is updated.

3. I was able to automatically update to the new release of GF, v.1.4.3.1 but I can't seem to locate the widget that I would put in the footer area. Do I need to download another plugin? What is the name of the widget and should it just be seen on the Widget menu where I see the other widgets to add in to the sidebar and the footer?

4. You don't need to download anything else. The widget functionality is included with the core plugin code. You should see a widget simply titled "Form" in the widget management page.

screenshot

Posted 13 years ago on Thursday October 14, 2010 | Permalink
  5. Yes! I didn't remember from my earlier reading that the widget is called "Form". Thank you.

Is there a way to put in a line space between a field entry and the Form Button?

(See lower right widget on http://www.afully engagedlife.com)

6. looks like your form CSS isn't being loaded at all. Is your "output css" setting set to yes? If so, you may need to enqueue the scripts manually.

When using a Gravity Form in a sidebar widget or embedding it anywhere using the function call, you need to manually enqueue the scripts and CSS by placing a short script block in your theme's functions.php file.

wp_enqueue_script("gforms_ui_datepicker", WP_PLUGIN_URL . "/gravityforms/js/jquery-ui/ui.datepicker.js", array("jquery"), "1.3.9", true);

wp_enqueue_script("gforms_datepicker", WP_PLUGIN_URL . "/gravityforms/js/datepicker.js", array("gforms_ui_datepicker"), "1.3.9", true);

wp_enqueue_script("gforms_conditional_logic_lib", WP_PLUGIN_URL . "/gravityforms/js/conditional_logic.js", array("gforms_ui_datepicker"), "1.3.9", true);

wp_enqueue_style("gforms_css", WP_PLUGIN_URL . "/gravityforms/css/forms.css");

Without this, the conditional logic scripts, datepicker script, form CSS and other elements needed for the full form functionality aren't loaded.

You can find more information at the URL below

http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/embedding-a-form/

Once the CSS is loaded properly, I'm pretty sure you're spacing issues will be fixed.

7. Adding this code to the functins.php did the trick! Thank you! This may be closed out.

Posted 13 years ago on Wednesday October 20, 2010 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.