PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Using jQuery UI / Export options

1. jpjoki

Hi,

I have a couple of questions before purchasing Gravity Forms:

1) Is is possible to enhance the form with jQuery UI? What I want to do is change some input/select fields into sliders with jQuery UI Slider. I looked at the demo and since you can give class names to the elements this should be pretty easy, but I just want to be sure there isn't any obstacles with this.

2) A client may possibly want to export the image files with the rest of the data. CSV is text-based, so is it possible for me to write my own export code for Excel format? Or is there any other way to achieve this?

3) Can the entries be easily printed from the admin side, so that 1 entry would be in 1 sheet?

Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 15, 2011 | Permalink
  2. 1) yes. You can use jQuery on the front end. We use it a lot. So long as you can target the specific elements in the form, by using a CSS class, no problem.

2) yes, you could do this, but it would be a customization. The CSV will contain the link to the image file, so you could always grab it from there, but you could create your own Excel file. It would be a fairly involved customization.

3) yes. You can print one per sheet or multiple entries at one time.

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday November 15, 2011 | Permalink
  3. 1) yes. You can use jQuery on the front end. We use it a lot. So long as you can target the specific elements in the form, by using a CSS class, no problem.

Hello , do you have any intentions to implement UI sliders into GF in future ? Many modern forms are using them for example by limiting something (time - size - age etc) when using 2 sliders as a min - max . Can you explain better how to implement it ? I have found this slider http://docs.jquery.com/UI/API/1.7/Slider on the net , but I have no idea how to make it work with for example select fields . Or do you know some good tutorial about how to make it work with gravity forms?

Posted 12 years ago on Thursday January 19, 2012 | Permalink
  4. This feature is not currently on the road map, and I don't have a tutorial to point to to make this work with Gravity Forms.

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 20, 2012 | Permalink
  5. Thanks for your reply , I have maybe found a solution here on this forum : http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/jquery-slider-field , will take a look on it these days , thanks again

Posted 12 years ago on Friday January 20, 2012 | Permalink