PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Using the form as a quote / price widget

1. andrew carbn

Hi Guys,

I found Gravity Forms will do exactly what I need for creating my new site but I just wanted to ask something I couldnt find an answer to while browsing the support forums.

I am using a theme which supports widgets in the left or right hand side column.

My question is, would it be possible to make a form as a widget in a column by taking advantage of the calculation functionality to provide people with a kind of quick price quote for name badges (based on a fixed rate)... Similar to this but basically down the right hand side: http://www.namebadgesinternational.co.uk/instant-quote/

Cheers!

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday September 28, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Gravity Forms has a widget that can be used to display a form in a sidebar. It will be listed on your Widgets page as "Form" and you can add it to any sidebar and use it to display any form.

Posted 12 years ago on Wednesday September 28, 2011 | Permalink
  3. andrew carbn

Brilliant. Will it be possible to have multiple forms on one page or post. For example, I could have one down the side bar that will act as a price quote widget and one maybe elsewhere that would work for contact?

Will it also work as a price quote similar to http://www.namebadgesinternational.co.uk/instant-quote/

I did try on the demo but preview is limited to test so apologies for all the questions :)

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 3, 2011 | Permalink
  4. You can use as many forms per page as you like. They need to be different forms though. You can't include the same form multiple times.

There are several ways to adjust the tabindex for each form, so your visitors can tab easily between fields in each form, as they would expect.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday October 3, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Hi, I am trying to make a simple Instant quote form for our book printing business, but I am stuck, I want it similar to http://www.bookprintinguk.com/ the only difference will be we will have number of mono pages and number of colour pages, it's a simple equation when using excel but not sure if gravity forms is the right product now, the equation is simple; size of book x number of mono pages (ex: 2p) per page x number of colour pages (ex 5p per page) x binding (ex £1.00 per document x quantity, then decrease in value on quantity. Does that make sense? So for example an A4 paperback book with 100 mono pages would be £35.00 for 1 copy, £100.00 for 50 copies (£2 per unit, £180.00 for 100 copies (£1.80 per unit, £750.00 for 500 copies (£1.50 per unit).

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 30, 2012 | Permalink
  6. David Peralty

This would definitely be possible, especially in the new version of Gravity Forms coming out with calculations. It would require set values for each of these choices so that the math can happen. It might require some customization to get it to work, but again, it is definitely possible. For more detailed information on how, can you please create your own support request with detailed values for each part and we can discuss it all in detail.

Posted 11 years ago on Monday April 30, 2012 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.