PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Using the Password field in gform_post_submission

1. Hey guys,

I wrote some PHP that hooks into gform_post_submission and is used to register the newly created user on my Piwik installation (it's an analytics engine). To do this I'm using the Piwik API. I've verified everything works fine as a standalone service, but when I hook it into gform_post_submission I get an error from the Piwik API that says "no value specified for password." (as a result the user is not created in Piwik.)

I read in another post that the password is deleted as soon as the user is created, but I'd like to have it stick around long enough that I can use it elsewhere.

Help?

Edit: My sign up page is here: http://cola.sc/sign-up/

I've temporarily 'fixed' this issue by assigning the password to be the same as the user's email address. If I can't use their password, I'll just remove that field altogether and change the email that goes out.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday June 20, 2011 | Permalink
  2. Yes, the User Registration Add-On deletes the password field as soon as the user is created.
    What you can do is change the priority of your gform_post_submission hook so that it fires before the User Registration's hook.
    You can do that by changing the third parameter to a number lower than 10. See below:

add_action("gform_post_submission", "execute_before_user_registration", 9, 2);
    Posted 12 years ago on Monday June 20, 2011 | Permalink
  3. That's exactly what I needed, thanks!

Posted 12 years ago on Tuesday June 21, 2011 | Permalink

This topic has been resolved and has been closed to new replies.