PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

v1.3.13.1 - Bugs?

1. Hey guys

Just installed the above version and I've noticed the following bugs/issues:

* the slideDown effect when editing a form's field often breaks - IE, it slides down and then immediately up.
    * i'll add a few fields, lets say a post title, then advanced fields: name, email, date.. I save the form and its added the title, and then duplicated 'name' 3 times
    * i'll delete the bottom of the 3 duplicated name fields, and it removes the top one, not the one i clicked on...

A few observations... seems mostly JS related..

Just FYI :)

Posted 13 years ago on Tuesday July 27, 2010 | Permalink
  2. I have changed the title of your original post because it is misleading as the assumption was made that these items are bugs and that 1.3.13.1 is bug ridden.

The items you mentioned are either known functionality OR they are issues that we are unable to replicate and are most likely specific to your site setup, in which case it is not a bug.

For instance, the slideDown effect sometimes behaves this way when you click at the top of the field to drop it down instead of actually clicking on the Edit icon/link. That it works by clicking anywhere at the top of the div is a by product of the JS that is used. It's designed for you to click the Edit icon/link. It's been like this since v1.

I'm unable to replicate the issue you mentioned with the JS wonkiness involving adding fields, saving the form and deleting fields. I tested in Safari, FireFox and Chrome (did not test in IE as I don't have it handy) without any problems or issues. Everything worked as intended.

Here is a screencast of me doing what you mentioned in your post:

http://screenr.com/WbX

If you experiencing JS issues it is most likely some sort of conflict with another plugin or theme you are running, or an issue with the JQuery or JS on your WordPress site.

We'd be happy to take a look and see what is going on, but this is an issue no other users have reported and if adding fields and deleting fields wasn't working properly... we would be getting flooded with complaints.

3. Are you using the Events Manager plugin by any chance? I have the same issue on one site and I believe that's the culprit. It seems to cause a fair number of conflicts actually.

4. @newport One of the easiest things a plugin developer can do to limit conflicts caused by their plugin is to code their plugin so that it only outputs JS (and CSS) when it's necessary and only on their plugin admin pages. Unfortunately a lot of plugin developers output the JS regardless of what admin page it is, which then interferes with other plugin admin pages. Such a simple change can alleviate a lot of problems.

5. I haven't gone through that plug-in to clean it up yet but I noticed that it also wrecks the widget page -- you have to go into accessibility mode instead of drag-and-drop. Don't know if the other person is using it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it turns out to be since those are pretty specific issues they're having and I had the identical.