PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Weird "title" in my form fields

1. I just looked at some of the form fields on http://www.hatchtown.com/tools using Firebug's "Inspect Element" and discovered unanticipated refs to the PayPal Plugin I use in Firefox:

<input type="text" tabindex="3" class="medium" value="" id="input_4" name="input_4" title="PayPal Plug-in can fill this form for you. Click the PayPal button in the toolbar." style="background-color: rgb(221, 234, 248);"/>

Is this a problem? Does everyone's browser see this, or only if they too are running the PayPal addon?

Jim

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday November 8, 2009 | Permalink
  2. Jim, It appears this is something the PayPal toolbar or add-on is injecting into the form on your machine via a script. If you look at the actual source code (not with firebug) you won't see that. Other users won't see this unless they have a similar add-on.

It looks like it's some type of form autocomplete function the PayPal thing adds. It's pretty common for other toolbars and browser extensions to do something similar with forms.

Posted 14 years ago on Sunday November 8, 2009 | Permalink