PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

What happens if recurring billing and user cancels or does't pay?

1. luxerman

I'm creating a directory-based site that utilizes multisite/directores. I plan on using GF for user registration and recurring billing via my authorize.net account.

I have 3 plans:
    Monthly
    3 Months
    6 Months

If a user selects monthly, but cancels their subscription after a month or 2, what happens to their account? Does it get deleted? I'm trying to see if I can create a hook that looks to see if user still exists, if it does then display listing.

Something along those lines but I need to know what happens if they don't pay or it expires.

thank you

Posted 10 years ago on Wednesday May 29, 2013 | Permalink
  2. I did not see any hooks in the plugin for what happens when a subscription is cancelled or when a recurring payment fails. Let me ask the development team about it though to be sure.

Posted 10 years ago on Thursday May 30, 2013 | Permalink
  3. Please try adding this code to your theme's functions.php. Before you make it active, you will see in the code there are three possible choices for what to do with the user when the subscription is cancelled:

• Change the role
    • Remove all roles
    • Delete the user

Please comment out two of those and use just one. Here's the code:
    http://pastie.org/7990326

Please let us know if this works for you.

Posted 10 years ago on Tuesday June 4, 2013 | Permalink