PLEASE NOTE: These forums are no longer utilized and are provided as an archive for informational purposes only. All support issues will be handled via email using our support ticket system. For more detailed information on this change, please see this blog post.

Where did my Registration Widget go?

1. I had installed and actived GF and GF add on User Registration and it was all working fine. Suddenly I have no where to log in. I am sure I have missed something somewhere. I searched everywhere I could think of in this forum as well as within the site but I cannot figure out what happened to my user registration widget.

I also reinstalled both GF and the User Registration Add on Plugins thinking that somehow a file may have gotten lost or deleted (??? grasping here). Nothing worked.

It has been some time since I created this particular site but I seem to remember a registration widget with options to set what it would say... what am I missing? Here is a link to the site where there is supposed to be a user registration form in the right sidebar. Please help.

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday June 18, 2011 | Permalink
  2. opps here is the link: http://usa.goooh.com

Posted 12 years ago on Saturday June 18, 2011 | Permalink
  3. Hi Kerry,

I assume you're referring to the Gravity Forms widget? Not sure why it would randomly disappear. I would try adding it again and seeing if it continues to disappear. If so, note if there are any particular actions that cause the widget to disappear.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday June 19, 2011 | Permalink
  4. The Forms widget IS there. I can add forms but I cannot find the way to have the users register. The forms widget lets me choose which form to add. I have a registration form that collects all the information that is attached to the GF user registration.

Isn't there supposed to be a Login widget that the GF User registration add on adds? I used to have the user registration form and the part that "hello, User! Welcome back. and the login area for already registered users. How do I add that one?

And yes, I would love to be able to "add it again". But it is not there to add. That is why I wrote.

Perhaps I am being a newb here but I would appreciate some guidance as I am at a loss for what to do. Please help.

Posted 12 years ago on Sunday June 19, 2011 | Permalink
  5. Hi Kerry,

The User Registration Add-on does not add any new widgets. The only widget available is the Gravity Form widget which lets you add a Gravity Form to the sidebar. It sounds like you are referring to the default login widget available as part of a core WordPress install: http://grab.by/aopq

Make sure to check your inactive widgets as well. To be clear, this is not powered by Gravity Forms or any of it's add-ons.

Posted 12 years ago on Monday June 20, 2011 | Permalink